- City Administration
- Public Services
- Staff Directory
- Hours of Operation
- Nature Park & Shelter Reservations
- Park Directory
- Parks and Recreation Programs
- World of Golf
- Florence Family Aquatic Center
- Trail System
- Skate Park
- Pooch Festival Registration
- Pooch Festival Booth Registration Form
- Halloween Night Out Spooky Station Form
- Halloween Night Out Sponsor Form
- Safe Sitter Registration Form
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Holiday Sponsor Form
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Holiday Station Form
- Memorial Day Parade Form
- Memorial Day Military Display Form
- Aquatic Center Membership Daily Admission Appeal Form
- Independence Day Food Booth Form
- Make a Comment?
Employment Opportunities & Application
Position Title: Administrative Clerk
Reports to: Chief of Police or designee(s)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Starting Salary: $35,909
Applications are available from the Finance Department at 8100 Ewing Blvd., Florence, KY 41042 or on-line at our website, www.florence-ky.gov. EOE
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Under direct supervision of the Department Head or appropriate departmental designee(s), performs clerical tasks related to the department to which the position is assigned; does work as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Prepares, distributes and maintains departmental correspondence, forms, reports, memos, invoices, statements, payroll data, records and files, in hard copy and/or on computer.
· Responds to and directs phone calls and visitors to the department.
· Maintains the Florence Police Department’s evidence room including handling biological evidence and evidence used in crimes. May be required to testify in court to chain of custody.
· Maintains the Florence Police Department’s body camera program.
High School diploma or its equivalent supplemented by at least three years of progressively responsible experience in clerical work involving frequent contact with the public; or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to effectively perform the duties of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Must possess ability to acquire broad knowledge of the contents and provisions of the City Personnel Policies and Procedures.
· Must have broad knowledge of local government operations.
· Must have broad knowledge of contemporary office practices, procedures and equipment.
· Must be highly skilled in business math, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
· Must be skilled in modern computing systems and department specific applications.
Ability to: establish and maintain effective working relationships with City employees, government officials and the general public; communicate effectively orally and in writing; understand and carry out oral and written instructions; be dependable; initiate action and be resourceful; solve problems and be decisive; prioritize and accomplish assigned goals and objectives; manage time effectively; maintain important records and communication accurately, efficiently and confidentially; exercise efficiency, thoroughness, accuracy and neatness; exercise integrity, patience, courtesy, diplomacy and tactfulness; exercise sound reasoning, good judgment and common sense; maintain professional conduct, demeanor and appearance when representing the City.
- Must possess ability to acquire considerable knowledge of appropriate safety measures pertinent to the Department’s operations.
· Must be bondable.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
· Must have ability to sit continuously at a computer workstation for periods of up to two hours.
· Must have ability to operate standard office equipment including copier, computer, fax machine, mailing machine, TDD, etc.
· Must have ability to reach into all file drawers in standard four-drawer filing cabinets.
· Must have visual ability sufficient to effectively operate office equipment, read and write reports, correspondence, instructions, etc.
· Must have hearing ability sufficient to hold conversation with other individuals both in person and over a telephone or radio, and to hearing recordings on transcription device.
· Must have speaking ability sufficient to communicate effectively with other individuals in person, and over a telephone or radio.
· Must have freedom from mental limitations which would interfere with performance of duties as described herein.
· Must have the ability to use a step ladder to reach high shelves and lift at least 20 pounds over your head.
Seasonal Maintenance Worker
The City of Florence Public Services Department is accepting applications for seasonal Maintenance Workers. The applicant must be able to work in all weather conditions and be able to contribute to a team as well as work independently at times. The compensation is $10 per hour Monday through Friday from 7am-3:30pm. The applicant will be eligible to work this position for 6 consecutive months.
Applications may be picked up at the Finance Department at 8100 Ewing Blvd Florence, KY 41042.