- City Administration
- Public Services
- Staff Directory
- Hours of Operation
- Nature Park & Shelter Reservations
- Park Directory
- Parks and Recreation Programs
- World of Golf
- Florence Family Aquatic Center
- Trail System
- Skate Park
- Pooch Festival Registration
- Pooch Festival Booth Registration Form
- Halloween Night Out Spooky Station Form
- Halloween Night Out Sponsor Form
- Safe Sitter Registration Form
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Holiday Sponsor Form
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Holiday Station Form
- Memorial Day Parade Form
- Memorial Day Military Display Form
- Aquatic Center Membership Daily Admission Appeal Form
- Independence Day Food Booth Form
- Make a Comment?
Employees working within the City of Florence are to be taxed at a rate of 2% of their gross wages/compensation earned within the City of Florence. An annual cap on the taxable wage or compensation is set at an amount equal to the Federal Social Security maximum.
Additional information or copies of the coded Ordinance is available by contacting the Finance Department.
As part of the occupational license application process, an inspection of the property by the Florence Fire/EMS Department is required prior to the issue of the occupational license. This is to ensure that the property is in compliance with fire and life safety regulations prior to occupancy. Depending on the amount of construction or modification to the property of occupancy type, your occupancy may not be ready for inspection for some time after you apply for an occupational license. Generally, if there are any modifications to the space or the occupancy type changes, the building department will oversee compliance in these cases along with a fire department representative before an occupational license inspection would be performed.
In order for the Fire/EMS Department to perform and sign off an occupational license inspection, the property or space must be in ready or close to move-in condition. This normally ensures that features such as interior walls, doors, exit signs and emergency lighting are in place and operating. It is suggested that you call the Fire/EMS Department at 647-5660 to schedule an inspection about one week prior to the projected date of occupancy. If at any time you have questions related to fire and life safety requirements, please contact us at the above number.