2023 Leaf Collection Schedule
It's that time of year again. The City of Florence Public Services Department is geared up for the 2023 Leaf Collection Program. Last year, the city picked up over 46,566 cubic feet of leaves. All of the leaves were used as compost or fertilizer. This year's program runs from October 23 through December 21. Please click here to view the schedule for your street for leaf collection.
Here are some guidelines for collection:
- Rake leaves in a row behind the curb. Do not rake in the street. Leaves need to be raked to the curb by 7:00 a.m. the morning of the scheduled pick-up listed on the schedule.
- Public Services will pick up on residential streets only and not on state routes or commercial streets.
- Keep all debris and trash out of the leaf row. This includes tree branches, tomato plants, and landscape debris.
- All leaves will be composted! To receive one or more loads call (859) 647-5416.
- Homeowners may still bag leaves for pickup by Rumpke.
- A sign will be placed at the subdivision/street entrances the day prior to leaf collection.
- The schedule is based upon weather and equipment operation.
- The following daily schedule has been created for your convenience. This schedule may vary due to unexpected weather conditions or equipment failure.
**Thanksgiving is November 23, leaves will be picked up on November 27.
**In observation of Christmas leaves will be collected on Tuesday, December 26th.
Please contact our Public Services Department at (859)647-5416 for additional information.