Florence Family Aquatic Center
*Memberships include a 10% discount on all purchases at the Aquatic Center Concessions*
Family – Includes six members of the same household. Minimum of one adult required. Additional members $40. Proof of address is required.
Adult plus 1 – One adult and another member of the same household. Proof of address required.
Senior – Anyone 55 years of age or older.
Child – Anyone between 3-15 years of age.
Photos for membership cards will be taken at the Aquatic Center beginning May 22 from 4 PM- 8 PM.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Beginning May 27, 2023 through August 13, 2023 and weekends through Labor Day hours of operation will be daily 11:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
(Subject to change – See Closing Policy/Lightning Policy)
Adult – $10.50
Child (Ages 3-15) – $8.50
Senior (Age 55 or older) – $8.50
Child (Ages 0-2) Free
After 4pm – $5.00
Gift Cards are available in the amount of $25
KEEP YOUR RECEIPT!!
Group $9.50/adult $7.50/child
Minimum of 20 per Group.
Must be purchased in advance. No credits or refunds.
Summer Youth Programs $9.50/adult $7.50/child
No minimum required.
Applies to organized day camps, church camps or athletic camps.
Must request on camp letterhead the day and number attending. Passes may be purchased in advance of scheduled outing. No credits or refunds.
This premier facility contains a lazy river, competition pool, zero depth pool that is accessible, two spray grounds, a spiral and a speed slides, sunbathing areas, shelters, funbrellas, bathhouse (including family restrooms) and concessions area. A paved path surrounds the outside of the facility. It is located at the south end of the Florence Government Center complex. There is additional parking at the north end of the Government Center. Annual memberships are available for the facility. There is a charge for daily admission to enter the facility. Swim lessons are offered for an additional charge.
The aquatic center is managed by SwimSafe Pool Management, Inc. who hires pool staff. Positions available are lifeguards, head lifeguard, front desk staff, front desk supervisor, assistant pool manager and pool manager.
Pool Employment Applications are available in the lobby of the Florence Government Center or at www.swimsafepool.com or call (513) 768-3473.
Gift cards are available in amounts of $25 and may be used for admission, programs (lessons), rentals (shelter/locker).
The City of Florence has contracted with SwimSafe Pool Management to provide concessions during pool hours.
Fresh cooked food, snacks and cold refreshing beverages are served all reasonably priced. Concessions are open during pool hours and for swim and dive meets. Consider scheduling your next birthday party by reserving a shelter and ordering from the party menu! No outside food permitted in the facility. See the concession menu for more information.
All memberships receive a 10% Discount at concessions.
General Facility Policies
- NO COOLERS permitted in the facility.
- NO outside food or drinks are allowed in the facility.
- Food or drink permitted in authorized areas only.
- Do not leave belongings at concession tables.
- Concession tables are for eating and drinking.
- Infants and toddlers are required to wear rubber pants over swim diapers.
- Swim diapers must be worn due to The Center for Disease Control recommendations.
- NO Smoking within the facility. If you leave to smoke be sure to have your hand stamped to return at no charge.
- Children 12 & under must be with a responsible person 16 years or older.
- Proper swim attire required (no cut off shorts, jeans, etc.) unless prohibited by religious beliefs.
- NO running and NO horseplay.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose, or otherwise introducing contaminants into the facility water is not permitted.
- Diving in shallow water is not permitted.
- Caution shall be exercised in the use of diving boards.
- Admission to the facility is refused to all persons having any contagious disease, infectious conditions, & open wounds.
- Flotation devices permitted, however, a parent/guardian must supervise within an arms reach of their children.
- City is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- No firearms and/or weapons are permitted in the facility. A valid concealed carry permit does not authorize anyone to carry a concealed weapon onto facility grounds.
The City has the right to close the pool or some of the pool features in the event of a staffing level shortage. The City has the right to close the pool in the event of severe weather and/or contamination issues with no refunds or rain checks issued under any circumstances. The facility may not open or may close if the air temperature is 68 degrees or below, or at the discretion of the manager based on inclement weather or because of a fecal accident. Please call 647-4619 or 647-5439 if you have any doubt about the facility being open. The facility may also be closed per the Northern Kentucky Health Department for health related issues.
When a thunder and/or lightning are first noticed the pool will be evacuated until thirty minutes after the last thunder is heard. If lightning occurs again within the first thirty minutes, another thirty minute time limit goes into effect.
Lockers are available in the lobby for a fee of $3.00. A $5 deposit is required. When the key is returned, you will receive your $5 deposit back.
Florence Aquatic Center Rules:
- To use the diving board one must be able to swim.
- Only one person shall be on one board at a time. The next person in line shall wait in line on the pool deck, not the ladder. Since there are two boards, take turns alternating use of diving boards.
- Wait for proceeding person to reach the side before jumping.
- Only one bounce may be taken on the diving board before entering the water.
- Do not run on your approach to the end of the board.
- Jump straight off the board, not toward the side.
- Exit the water immediately using the ladder closest to the board from which you jumped.
- Parents are not permitted in the diving well to “catch” their child.
Spray Ground Rules:
- Children up to 45″ tall may play on the spray ground features (pirate ship, star fish and sea horse).
- Must be under direct supervision of an adult or approved caregiver.
- The tumble bucket area is available for all ages.
- NO diving or jumping from play equipment.
- NO food or drink permitted in the area.
General Slide Rules:
- Do not use the railing to push off. Ask the lifeguard for assistance.
- Wait at top of stairs until preceding person swims to the ladder. The guard will indicate when it is safe to begin.
- Only one rider at a time. No doubles, trains or chains.
- Ride the slide from a prone position with your hands behind your head.
- Keep arms and legs inside flume.
- Do not stop on slide.
- Exit immediately to ladder closest to slide used.
- The use of tubes, life jackets, floatation devices, goggles, masks, sunglasses, fins, suits with zippers, etc. is not permitted on slide.
- Do not enter Lazy River from slide pool.
- Pregnant women and people with a heart or back condition should not ride the slide.
- Failure to follow slide rules can result in serious injury to yourself and others as well as loss of your privilege to use the slide.
Red Slide Rules:
- Must be 60″ tall and able to swim to ride the red slide. Weight limit is 300 pounds.
- To ride red slide: Place hands behind head. Keep elbows over chest. Chin should touch your chest. Keep legs crossed at ankles. Do not sit up while going down. Do not rest head on slide. Injury may result from not following the rules.
- Ride at your own risk.
- Failure to follow slide rules may result in dismissal from the facility.
Lazy River Rules:
- Enter and exit from tube area only.
- Must wait for instruction from lifeguard before starting.
- Riders must use tubes provided. Two sizes are available
- Parents with young children may ride in tubes together. Otherwise only one rider per tube; no doubles, trains or chains.
- Riders must stay in tube.
- NO stopping at anytime.
- NO grabbing sides of Waterfall.
- One time around then exit immediately.
- Place tubes in container/holder after use.
- Must use tubes provided.
Florence Hammerheads Swim Team
The Florence Hammerheads compete in the Northern Kentucky Swim League (INKS) as swimmers and divers.
There are (3) three requirements. Members must be:
1) A member of the Florence Family Aquatic Center
2) A Northern Kentucky resident
3) Able to swim the length of a 25 meter pool
Program is open to youth up to age 18. New members must provide a Birth certificate with the registration form. Season begins May 31 to July 31 and includes All-Star and Championship meets.