Florence Family Aquatic Center
The Florence Aquatic Center will not open for the 2021 season.
This premier facility contains a lazy river, competition pool, zero depth pool that is accessible, two spray grounds, a spiral and a speed slides, sunbathing areas, shelters, funbrellas, bathhouse (including family restrooms) and concessions area. A paved path surrounds the outside of the facility. It is located at the south end of the Florence Government Center complex. There is additional parking at the north end of the Government Center. Membership is available for Florence residents and non-residents. There is a charge for daily admission to enter the facility. Swim lessons are offered for an additional charge.
The aquatic center is managed by SwimSafe Pool Management, Inc. who hires pool staff. Positions available are lifeguards, head lifeguard, front desk staff, front desk supervisor, assistant pool manager and pool manager.
Pool Employment Applications are available in the lobby of the Florence Government Center or at www.swimsafepool.com or call (513) 768-3473.
Gift cards are available in amounts of $25 and may be used for admission, programs (lessons), rentals (shelter/locker) & concessions. Purchase at Finance Department until May 20, 2020 then at the aquatic center.
The City of Florence has contracted with SwimSafe Pool Management to provide concessions during pool hours.
Fresh cooked food, snacks and cold refreshing beverages are served all reasonably priced. Concessions are open during pool hours and for swim and dive meets. Consider scheduling your next birthday party by reserving a shelter and ordering from the party menu! No outside food permitted in the concession area. See the concession menu for more information.
MEMBERSHIP RATES – sold until July 31
Rates were increased to reflect 6% Kentucky Sales tax.
FLORENCE RESIDENT FAMILY $250
FLORENCE RESIDENT SINGLE FAMILY $200
FLORENCE RESIDENT SINGLE $145
FLORENCE RESIDENT JUNIOR $120
FLORENCE RESIDENT SENIOR $90
NON-RESIDENT FAMILY $410
NON-RESIDENT SINGLE FAMILY $355
NON-RESIDENT SINGLE $225
NON-RESIDENT JUNIOR $195
NON-RESIDENT SENIOR $130
CITY OF FLORENCE BUSINESS
BUSINESS FAMILY $330
BUSINESS SINGLE FAMILY $275
BUSINESS SINGLE $185
Resident – Resides within the city limits. Photo ID, tax form, or utility bill required showing street address.
Family – Two adults and family members under the age of 21. School document verifying child’s name & address required.
Single Family – One adult and one child under the age of 13. School document verifying child’s name & address required.
Junior – anyone between 13-18 years of age.
Senior – anyone 65 years of age or older.
Guests – must pay non-resident admission if they are not a city resident.
Child – anyone between 3-12 years of age.
Business – To qualify for a business rate you must own a business or work for a business within the Florence city limits. Pay stub required for ID.
Military Personnel must be active in the military. Family members do not qualify.
Submit the form to the City’s Finance Department until May 20 and thereafter at the Aquatic Center. Photos for membership cards will be taken at the Aquatic Center beginning May 23.
FLORENCE RESIDENT MILITARY PERSONNEL $6*
FLORENCE RESIDENT ADULT $8
FLORENCE RESIDENT SENIOR $6
FLORENCE RESIDENT CHILD (3-15 yrs.) $6
FLORENCE RESIDENT CHILD (0-2 yrs.) FREE
FLORENCE BUSINESS ADULT $8
FLORENCE BUSINESS SENIOR $6
FLORENCE BUSINESS CHILD (3-15 yrs.) $6
*Must show proof or working at or owning a business in Florence.
NON-RESIDENT MILITARY PERSONNEL $8*
NON-RESIDENT ADULT $11
NON-RESIDENT SENIOR $8
NON-RESIDENT CHILD (3-15 yrs.) $8
NON-RESIDENT CHILD (0-2 yrs.) FREE
KEEP YOUR RECEIPT!!
Group $7/adult $5/child
Minimum of 20 per Group.
Must be purchased in advance. No credits or refunds.
Summer Youth Programs Child $5 Adult $7
No minimum required.
Applies to organized day camps, church camps or athletic camps.
Must request on camp letterhead the day and number attending. Passes may be purchased in advance of scheduled outing. No credits or refunds.
General Facility Policies
- NO COOLERS permitted in the facility.
- NO outside food or drinks are allowed in the facility.
- Food or drink permitted in authorized areas only.
- Do not leave belongings at concession tables.
- Concession tables are for eating and drinking.
- Infants and toddlers are required to wear rubber pants over swim diapers.
- Swim diapers must be worn due to The Center for Disease Control recommendations.
- NO Smoking within the facility. If you leave to smoke be sure to have your hand stamped to return at no charge.
- Children 12 & under must be with a responsible person 16 years or older.
- Proper swim attire required (no cut off shorts, jeans, etc.) unless prohibited by religious beliefs.
- NO running and NO horseplay.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose, or otherwise introducing contaminants into the facility water is not permitted.
- Diving in shallow water is not permitted.
- Caution shall be exercised in the use of diving boards.
- Admission to the facility is refused to all persons having any contagious disease, infectious conditions, & open wounds.
- Animals are not permitted in the facility area unless assigned to assist sight-impaired individuals.
- Flotation devices permitted, however, a parent/guardian must supervise within an arms reach of their children.
- City is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
The City has the right to close the pool in the event of severe weather with no refunds due to the patron. The facility may close if the air temperature is 68 degrees or below, or at the discretion of the manager based on inclement weather or because of a fecal accident. Please call 647-4619 or 647-5439 if you have any doubt about the facility being open. The facility may also be closed per the Northern Kentucky Health Department for health related issues.
When a thunder and/or lightning are first noticed the pool will be evacuated until thirty minutes after the last thunder is heard. If lightning occurs again within the first thirty minutes, another thirty minute time limit goes into effect.
Lockers are available in the lobby for a fee of $3.00. A $5 deposit is required. When the key is returned, you will receive your $5 deposit back.
Florence Aquatic Center Rules:
- To use the diving board one must be able to swim.
- Only one person shall be on one board at a time. The next person in line shall wait in line on the pool deck, not the ladder. Since there are two boards, take turns alternating use of diving boards.
- Wait for proceeding person to reach the side before jumping.
- Only one bounce may be taken on the diving board before entering the water.
- Do not run on your approach to the end of the board.
- Jump straight off the board, not toward the side.
- Exit the water immediately using the ladder closest to the board from which you jumped.
- Parents are not permitted in the diving well to “catch” their child.
Spray Ground Rules:
- Children up to 45″ tall may play on the spray ground features (pirate ship, star fish and sea horse).
- Must be under direct supervision of an adult or approved caregiver.
- The tumble bucket area is available for all ages.
- NO diving or jumping from play equipment.
- NO food or drink permitted in the area.
General Slide Rules:
- Do not use the railing to push off. Ask the lifeguard for assistance.
- Wait at top of stairs until preceding person swims to the ladder. The guard will indicate when it is safe to begin.
- Only one rider at a time. No doubles, trains or chains.
- Ride the slide from a prone position with your hands behind your head.
- Keep arms and legs inside flume.
- Do not stop on slide.
- Exit immediately to ladder closest to slide used.
- The use of tubes, life jackets, floatation devices, goggles, masks, sunglasses, fins, suits with zippers, etc. is not permitted on slide.
- Do not enter Lazy River from slide pool.
- Pregnant women and people with a heart or back condition should not ride the slide.
- Failure to follow slide rules can result in serious injury to yourself and others as well as loss of your privilege to use the slide.
Red Slide Rules:
- Must be 60″ tall and able to swim to ride the red slide. Weight limit is 300 pounds.
- To ride red slide: Place hands behind head. Keep elbows over chest. Chin should touch your chest. Keep legs crossed at ankles. Do not sit up while going down. Do not rest head on slide. Injury may result from not following the rules.
- Ride at your own risk.
- Failure to follow slide rules may result in dismissal from the facility.
Lazy River Rules:
- Enter and exit from tube area only.
- Must wait for instruction from lifeguard before starting.
- Riders must use tubes provided. Two sizes are available
- Parents with young children may ride in tubes together. Otherwise only one rider per tube; no doubles, trains or chains.
- Riders must stay in tube.
- NO stopping at anytime.
- NO grabbing sides of Waterfall.
- One time around then exit immediately.
- Place tubes in container/holder after use.
- Must use tubes provided.
Florence Hammerheads Swim Team
The Florence Hammerheads compete in the Northern Kentucky Swim League (INKS) as swimmers and divers.
There are (3) three requirements. Members must be:
1) A member of the Florence Family Aquatic Center
2) A Northern Kentucky resident
3) Able to swim the length of a 25 meter pool
Program is open to youth up to age 18. New members must provide a Birth certificate with the registration form. Season begins May 30 to July 31 and includes All-Star and Championship meets. Call President Sean Knollman at (859) 816-9526 for more information. Parent meeting is day, May 6, 2019 at 7:00 pm at the Florence Government Center. All new members should attend. New swimmers will be assessed on their skills before practices begin.